While researching different money management plans used by other traders, I came across a EUR/USD strategy that really intrigued me. I have discussed this strategy with the other 3 and we are strongly considering using it as part of our overall system. Again, this strategy is NOT mine. I tend to shy away from using other people's strategies for one main reason. Every strategy works because of certain fundamental factors. And when the market changes such that those fundamentals no longer have the same effect, the strategy will stop working. If I am using someone else's strategy, I may not know what those fundamental factors nor be able to make parameter adjustments to meet the changing market. However, this EUR/USD strategy is extremely simple and I know the reason why it works and why it doesn't work. I believe adding it to the mix would help diversify our system to be profitable across multiple market types.
Here are the preliminary backtest results for 2008 and for the last 12 months.