Saturday, May 10, 2008

Programming Update

I spent much of the week adjusting our profit/stop loss triggers based on the data that I was able to pull from our April results. The month of April ended with phenomenal results but it is just one month. We have now reached a point where the auto trader programmer is a necessity to continue the testing process. We do not know if the April results were typical or out of the norm.

I had a good long discussion yesterday with our lead programmer and things look to be on track. I hope to have a hard update on our timeline for completion of the auto trader. We downloaded the Metatrader API needed to bridge our auto trader with the FXCM platform. Our FXCM account was also approved this week. We have all but settled on FXCM Institutional as our broker for the upgraded system.

I spent two days this week traveling back to the United States. I will spend much of the summer in the U.S. working side-by-side with our progammer, meeting with Forex brokers, and trading the upgraded system.